Become a Shooting Star!
Have your work recognized and potentially become part of your country's entry to the WPC next year. We are looking for great photographers who could become new WPC team members and for photographers from countries who do not have a team yet.
The WPC Competition entries for 2018 are all in now. So keep yourself busy and enter our new fun quarterly Theme Challenge on Facebook and become a Star Award winner.
And our Gold Sponsor, ChromaLuxe, are offering great HD Metal prints for those who achieve Star Awards.
2018 Quarter 1 – 1 January to 31 March 2018
This quarter’s theme is Street Photography. A popular theme that will allow you to amaze us with your original entries.
All professional photographers and others can join in. Just complete the form below and submit up to 3 images during the quarter. All images meeting the Theme subject will be posted on our Facebook site.
Entries must be submitted by the end of March 2018 and will then be judged by a team of three international photographers. Gold-star, Silver-star and Bronze-star awards will be given to the three top images.
- Open to all photographers aged over 18
- Maximum of 3 entries
- JPG Files min 4000px on longest side. Max 16MB. Profile: sRGB, AdobeRGB, Greyscale.
- Entries accepted up to 23.00h GMT London on 31st March 2018
- The entrant must own the copyright to the image – see rules for full details.
- Street Photography - The entrant is responsible for ensuring that their image meets all privacy rules of their country and/or of where the image was taken.
What is "Street Photography"
Courtesy of Wikipedia
Street photography, also sometimes called candid photography, is photography conducted for art or enquiry that features unmediated chance encounters and random incidents within public places. Although there is a difference between street and candid photography, it is usually subtle with most street photography being candid in nature but not all candid photography being classifiable as street photography. Street photography does not necessitate the presence of a street or even the urban environment. Though people usually feature directly, street photography might be absent of people and can be of an object or environment where the image projects a decidedly human character in facsimile or aesthetic.
RULES 2018 – Q1
Organizer: World Photographic Cup organization, hereafter referred to as the WPC.
- This challenge is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Eligibility: Entrants must be over the age of 18 years when they submit their image(s). They may come from any UN recognized country.
- How to Enter: Images must be submitted via using the form above. No more than 3 images may be submitted by one photographer during the period of the challenge.
- Entry Fee: There is no entry fee.
- Images: Images must be JPG files with minimum of 4000px on longest side. Quality 10 - 12. Max file size of 16MB. Profile: sRGB, AdobeRGB, Greyscale.
- An entrant may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules.
- Entrant Details: When sending the files, the Entrant must supply their full name, country of residence, valid email address. This will be written on the submission page.
- By entering this challenge, entrants warrant that their entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights, or was produced during a paid workshop session. If an entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the WPC. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the WPC from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the WPC may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- By entering, all entrants or participants grant Facebook a complete release.
- Challenge Period 2018-Q1: 1st January - 31st March 2018. All entries must be submitted by 23.00h GMT (London) on the 31st March.
- Entries will be checked, approved and then posted in a dedicated Challenge ‘album’ on the WPC Facebook page. This album will only be updated every 2 weeks.
- The Organizers reserve the right to not post any image submitted that is not within the Theme subject, or is not of sufficient quality, or if they consider the image may not meet the decency standards set by Facebook for displaying images on a Facebook page.
- Judging: Judging will not be based on quantity of "Likes". Images will be judged by an independent jury of 3 people selected by the Organizer. Judging will take place online in the two weeks after the closing date of the challenge. STAR Awards will be notified by email within 4 weeks of the closing date.
- Notification: Participants who achieve a STAR Award will be notified at the email address which they submitted with their entry. STARS must reply to their award notification within 4 weeks and provide details of where their Award may be sent. The Organizer shall have no liability for failure to receive notices due to spam or junk email or other security settings or for provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
- Awards: Participants who achieve a STAR Award will receive a free ChromaLuxe print of 40cm x apex (40x40, 40x50, 40x60cm etc depending on image ratio). Awards may not be ‘transferred’ to another party. Shipping is free of charge within North America, the European Union, and Australia/NZ. The Organizers reserve the right to charge freight costs in other regions.
- Image copyright will always remain with the photographer.
- No image file or print will ever be sold or used for any commercial purpose.
- Entrants grant the right to the Organizer and the Sponsor to use and/or to post the image without restriction on their social media channels, websites, publicity materials and accept that these images may be shared across channels by other people.
- Photographers who achieve STAR Awards grant the Organizers to rights to print the images to a maximum size of 60x90cm and to use at trade shows, events and exhibitions for up to 1 year after closure of the challenge. Any other usage must be agreed in advance by the photographer by email.
- Terms & Conditions: The WPC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond WPC control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the Organizer may select the Awards from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the WPC.
- The WPC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the WPC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF IRELAND WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES.
- As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Dublin, Ireland having jurisdiction.
THIS PAGE IS ONLY A MOCK-UP for discussion.
It would need to be incorporated into the WPC site with graphics, images etc.